AboutFlorida StatutesPoint SystemTicket AttorneysAccident AttorneysClerks of CourtFlorida DHSMVTraffic SchoolsContact Attorney

Miami-Dade County Court
Clerk of the Court

How do you take a traffic ticket to court in Miami-Dade County? In Miami-Dade County, if you want to fight a traffic ticket, it will be heard in County Court. The Traffic Court processes traffic citations issued by every law enforcement agency in Miami-Dade County.  Duties include public records custodial duties, fine collections and maintaining calendars for County Court Judges and Hearing Officers. The major cities of Miami-Dade County include: Coral Gables, Hialeah, Key Biscayne, Miami, Miami Beach, and North Miami Beach. If you received a traffic ticket in Dade County you are not alone. Last year 865,266 traffic citations were issued in Miami-Dade County alone.

In order to find out more information about a traffic ticket, pay a civil traffic citation, or elect to attend a driver improvement course you can contact the Miami-Dade County Clerk of the Court at:

Miami-Dade County Clerk of the Court
1351 N.W. 12th Street
Miami, FL 33125
(305) 275-1111


If your ticket number is not showing up in the Court system you may need to try back. It sometimes takes a few weeks for the issuing agency to submit the citation to the Clerk’s office. You have thirty (30) days to pay a traffic ticket, request a hearing, or elect traffic school.

Although your case does not appear in the system, you are still responsible for satisfying the requirements within 30 days from the date the ticket was issued. If the web or the Voice Response System at (305) 275-1111 is unable to process your request, you must satisfy your citation by mail or in person at any one of the Clerk's Office locations in Miami-Dade County.

Before paying a traffic citation, or electing traffic school you should discuss your case with an experienced traffic ticket attorney in Miami-Dade County. Paying your traffic tickets could result in points on your license, higher insurance rates, or possible even the suspension of your driver‘s license.

If your license is suspended for any reason other that a traffic ticket in Miami-Dade County you must go to any Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) office to obtain information on how to satisfy any other type of suspension/revocation other than for a traffic ticket. The Clerk’s Office only handles suspensions in regards to traffic tickets issued in Miami-Dade County. All other driver license issues are addressed by the state of Florida DHSMV.

We hope that you found what you were looking for regarding the MiamiDadeCountyClerkofCourt. 

The Law Offices of
Alexander B. Ramey, PA
9995 SW 72nd St., Suite 204
Miami, FL 33173
(305) 598-4490